To apply for a lease either complete our online application form or download the form, print and return to Syme Property.
Tenant Application Form to Download
Our [Tenant Application Form ]
(Right mouse click and "Save Target As" to save a copy to your hard disk.)
Please complete in our application form.
Please complete all required information and and supply copies of your identification doncuments to Syme Property. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Note: Applications will only be processed after confirmation of inspection of the property.
By submitting this application,
I do solemnly and sincerely declare that the information contained in this application is true and correct and that all of the information was given of my own free will. I further consent to the lessor/agent contacting and/or conducting any enquiries and/or searches with regard to the information and references supplied in this application.
I, the said applicant, do solemnly and sincerely declare that 1 am over 18 years of age and have read and understood the contents of this agreement and have the competence and capacity to enter into this agreement.
I further confirm and declare that.
- I have inspected the property located.
- I have of my own accord decided that I wish to rent the aforementioned property commencing.
- I have been informed, understand and agree that the rental for the said property is within my means of support.
- (a) I have been informed, understand and agree that the rental for the said property is to be paid every month and is to be paid in full by the due date at all times.
(b) I have been informed , understand and agree that the lessor/agent will carry out an inspection on the property on a six monthly basis and I further warrant that I will cooperate fully to allow this inspection to be carried out on a six monthly basis.
- 1 have been informed, understand and agree that the bond for aforementioned property will be equivalent to one months rent and I further authorise the letting agent to attend to all details regarding the lodgement of the said rental bond with the appropriate authority.
- I have been informed, understand and agree should the full amount of the bond not be paid by the signing of the Tenancy Agreement, possession of the property will not be granted
- I have been informed, understand and agree that the acceptance of my application is subject to a satisfactory report being obtained from information supplied on the fully completed Tenancy Application submitted by me. I fully consent to the agent carrying out any enquiries necessary to process my application tenancy.
- I have been informed, understand and agree should there be any requirement to commence proceedings for the recovery of rent, repairs and/or damage to the aforementioned property during the term or at the expiration of the Tenancy Agreement, all costs associated with these proceedings shall be able to be recovered by me.
- I further consent to the agent disclosing all personal information that they may hold for the purpose of
a) listing my name with a tenancy database as a result of a Tribunal Order or multiple breach notices;
b) enforcing a Tribunal order: and /or
c) commencing recovery action in relation to any debt owed as a result of outstanding rent, repairs and/or damage that occurred or occurs during my period of tenancy.
- I have been informed, understand and agree that should this application not be accepted, the agent is not required or obliged to disclose why or supply any reason for the rejection of this application unless the application is declined as a result of my name being listed with a tenancy database.
- I have been informed, understand and agree to the agent supplying all necessary information, as may be required, to any Tenancy Database that they use, subject to the Tenancy Database complying with the provisions of the Privacy Act.
- 1 have been informed, understand and acknowledge that the agent has the contact details for the Tenancy Database they use and that the agent will supply these contact details should I request the contact details.
I acknowledge that this application is subject to the approval of the owner/landlord. I declare that all information contained in this application is true and correct and given of my own free will. I declare that I am not bankrupt.
Tenancy Privacy Statement
I authorize Syme Property to obtain personal information about me from:
- The owner or the Agent of my current or previous residence
- My personal referees and employer/s
- Any person who maintains any record, listing or database of defaults by tenants; and I authorise and consent to each of those persons providing requested personal information about me to the Agent
If I default under a rental agreement, I agree that the Agent may disclose details of any such default to a tenancy default database, and to agents/landlords of properties I may apply for in the future.
I am aware that the Agent will use and disclose my personal information during the application process and during the term of my tenancy in order to:
- Communicate with the owner and select a tenant
- Prepare lease/tenancy documents
- Allow trades people or equivalent organisations to contact me
- Lodge/claim/transfer to/from a Bond Authority
- Refer to Tribunals/Courts & Statutory Authorities (where applicable)
- Refer to collection agents/lawyers (where applicable)
- Complete a credit check with NTD (National Tenancies Database) or similar organization
- Transfer water account details into my name
- The Landlord's mortgagee – for mortgage purposes
- Other real estate agents and landlords
- Utilities companies such as gas, electricity and water connections
- Banks for rental payment facilities and financial records
NTD Disclosure Statement
To contact National Tenancy Database Pty Ltd (ABN65 079 105 025) ("NTD"):
Telephone: 03 9610 4996
Facsimile: 03 9620 7339
Web site: www.ntd.net.au
In Person: Level 7, 477 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000
NTD collects your personal information to provide to its members historical tenancy and public record information
on individuals and companies who/which lease residential and commercial property from or through licensed real
estate agent members of NTD.
NTD also provides credit information on
companies/directors applying for commercial leases.
The real estate agent/property manager will advise NTD of
your conduct throughout the lease/tenancy and that
information will form part of your tenant history.
NTD usually discloses information to:
- Licensed real estate agent members
- NTD's parent company, Collection House Limited
- (ABN 74 010 230 716) and its subsidiaries
- Credit Bureaus
Please provide 100 points of identification as listed below:
Drivers Licence: 50 points
Passport: 50 points
Proof of Age Card: 50 points
Student ID: 50 points
Mobile Phone Account: 20 points
Medicare Card: 20 points
Concession or Pension Card:10 points
Gas/Water/Electricity Account:30 points
Photocopy of photo ID is required.
In submitting this form the Applicant consents to Syme Property collecting and using personal information as outlined above.
- Initial payments must be made by cash, bank cheque or money order within 24 hours after approval of application.
- No Personal Cheques accepted.
Keys will not be handed over until the lease agreement has been signed by all applicants.
- This application is accepted subject to the availability of the property on the due date and no action shall be taken by the applicant against the landlord and the agent should any circumstances arise whereby the property is not available for occupation on the due date.